The National Luna power pack can be connected to the vehicle’s auxiliary battery, keeping in mind that once the solenoid engages, it connects the batteries in parallel and the alternator is put under strain as 3 batteries need to get charged. In almost all cases, the battery in the NLPP is a different type than the batteries fitted in the vehicle. Charging different types of batteries inline is not ideal as each battery type reacts differently to charge. The battery will charge and care must be taken not to drain the battery too much as it will take much longer to top up. The grey 50A plug on the side of the electrical panel can be used as a solar input plug. Be sure to connect the regulator to the battery first, via the 50A plug, before connecting the panel on the regulator.
Articles in this section
- Can you please tell me the inside measurements for the Toyota Hilux 4l Petrol Battery Bracket?
- My Defender has a 100amp alternator, will it burn out the Dual Battery Isolator system rated at 85amps continuous? I was planning on installing a 140amp alternator as well, is that not an option?
- Does the portable power pack have space for an Exide GF12076V gel battery?
- Can I use a heavier gauge wire with the DIY Split Charge System Kit if I wanted to place the auxiliary battery in the bed of a truck. In an enclosure?
- Can the Portable Power Pack be connected as the 3rd battery? Connected in-line from the the auxiliary battery that is fixed in the vehicle allowing it to charge while driving, but then also run off solar when left at camp?
- Is the Merit Female Plug suitable for external mounting on vehicle?
- Does the Toyota Prado 150 80A Battery Bracket fit both the Petrol and Diesel model Prado 150's? What side of the engine does it fit?
- Any issues with using thie DIY Split Charge System Kit to charge dissimilar batteries? My plan is using an AGM as secondary and retaining my lead-acid for starting.
- Can I use the National Luna Dual Battery Monitor if I dont have the National Luna Solenoid?
- Does the protable power pack include the Dual Battery Controller?